Sunday, January 24, 2010

My Switzerland Purpose

The idea of Love’s Fire formed mostly during the holidays. Several things have happened recently that seemed to point me in the direction of helping others. As I looked at ways to help, I found that it was not as easy as I thought it would be. Most places wanted money or products that only the skilled and gifted could provide. I don’t have a lot of money or many helpful skills. That left me with only my time to volunteer. I soon found out that most places want you to volunteer during the day. Quitting my job and going on welfare seemed kind of counter-productive. I seemed to be getting nowhere. Then the ideas started to form.


One of the things I learned at school was that most people do not educate themselves on various issues because it takes too much of their time. It seemed logical to have one place to go to receive most of the information you could want. My initial plan was to find various charities and non-profit agencies that could use our help and put all the information in one spot for everyone to benefit from. Maybe there is a place like this already, but in my searching I have yet to find one.

As I starting putting ideas together I realized that I wanted more than just places where people could donate money, items, or time. I also wanted a place where I could find helpful information on different social issues. Even more I wanted a place that helped remind us of why it is important to give back. Apparently, I want a lot.

Love’s Fire is in the trial and error stages. I am not exactly sure how it will all work out. I have so much information constantly running through my head that it has almost completely consumed my thoughts. I have trouble sleeping at night because my brain is still trying to figure out what is best to put on here, how to find that information and how it should be posted.

One of the main reasons I wanted to give back was because I came to a realization on how much other people need our help. There are people struggling for love and acceptance. There are those who appear to be the bad guys, but really they are just broken people who never received the help they needed. It isn’t too late to help them now and it is not too late to try and prevent others from feeling the horrible affects that life can have on us. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

At times all of us have felt unloved or unaccepted by our peers. That is a horrible feeling. Nobody should ever feel that way. In my opinion this is the start of what can make a person decline. If we don’t receive the love we need, we look in other places that make it seem like we are loved. These other ways are things that do not last. They are fleeting and soon die, only to leave us even unhappier. Sometimes they even hurt others. To get that false sense of love back we have to keep giving in to these ways. Then those people are judged for the choices they make, leaving them feeling even more unloved. It seems like an endless cycle. In reality we have no idea what lead those individuals to such a way of living. We should not judge what we do not understand.

There is hope. One of the songs I posted, Crazy by Simple Plan, talks about how there are no more normal families. While I think that love and acceptance is important in all aspects of society, I think the most powerful form comes from our families. It is sad to think that many do not have the family support that they need and deserve. In order to fix the family, we need to fix the individual.

I often have a hard time of organizing my thoughts into a simple form for others to understand. I might sound like I am rambling. That is because I feel so passionate about helping others feel the love they need. The best I can come up with at this point is through the idea of Love’s Fire.

Right now my plans for Love’s Fire is to have many places a person can give back to society as well as provide information on various social issues to help others make the best choices. My goal is to keep things neutral. Not everyone will feel accepted if we say that one choice is better than another because it matches what our values and morals are.

Like everyone else, I have my own opinions and my values. They might be different from yours and that is fine. The point is to educate people to make the right decisions for them. It is also to teach others that not every decision is right for everyone. Only those who are close to the situation can decide what is right. I want to provide the facts on various choices and I want you to figure out every single person that will be affected by the decision you make. Then make the decision that will be the most beneficial in that certain situation.

Please, love and accept others no matter if you agree with them or not. Do not judge others for the decisions that they have made. You have no idea what the circumstances are that lead to those decisions. Remember the worth of each and every individual. Everyone deserves to have real, unconditional love. Help others as much as possible and help make a better life for all of us. I do not want Love’s Fire to be about me, I want it to be about everyone. Please, share the idea of Love’s Fire to keep it alive. Thank you.

P.S. Since you are not supposed to judge, please forgive me for the many mistakes I have made or will inevitably make in the future. Yes, that means ALL of my flaws. I much appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment