Sunday, January 24, 2010

Seasons of Love – Rent by Jonathan Larson

Rent is a musical I was indifferent to seeing when I first heard about it almost two years ago. For that reason I never actually watched it until recently, when I realized that some of the characters I liked in other performances were cast members. When I finally did watch it I was blown away by how much it inspired me.


Rent was written and composed by Jonathan Larson. Jonathan saw serious issues where people needed help, yet those individuals were shunned instead of helped because their lifestyle choices might not have been opposite from our own. Rent is not the most conservative show, yet I believe that the things portrayed are ones that help us open our eyes to what really matters, the individual.

“525,600 minutes…how do you measure, measure a year…Measure in Love…”
Jonathan was taken too soon, from a genetic issue, but his legacy lives on.
http://americantheatrewing.org/larsongrants/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment