Sunday, February 7, 2010

Haiti Request

I had someone ask about using the care packages for Haiti instead. I looked at all of the links listed on the KSL website in the Haiti post to see what I could find out. A few of those sites were: Red Cross, UNICEF, and churches such as LDS, Catholic, Lutheran, and Methodist.

Most places are only accepting cash donations. Money can go a lot farther with non-profit agencies that already have deals worked out with buying and shipping items at lower costs, making the money stretch farther. Here is a link that you can look at that relates to this: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35273773/ns/world_news-haiti_earthquake

We are trying to see if we might be able to come up with some ideas on how to raise more money. If you have any ideas or know on how to help or if you already know of events for this please let me know. Then if we can get something set up I will let you know. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment