Sunday, February 7, 2010

Volunteer as a Drop Site in Your Area

1. For those who are unable to donate items or money I have another option for you. I have an idea on a way to volunteer a little bit of your time in March. I will update you when I have everything figured out. Check back later for more details. Thanks!

2. I would like to thank everyone who has expressed interest in helping with the care packages. I have even had a few people who are not in the Salt Lake area wanting to help. At first I was trying to see how to get the items from their area to Salt Lake. I think I found a solution that might work a little bit better.

3. I am looking for volunteers to be a drop site for the care packages. This can include as little as just saying you will provide a place for people in your area to drop of the care packages and then delivering them to a chosen non-profit agency/charity. A simple internet search or a call to your local police department would help in finding the right charity to deliver the packages to.

If you want to go a little bit farther you can help spread the word by sending an email or changing your social networking status, requesting help from those who are interested. Never underestimate how far your word can go by just simply mentioning and passing the information along.

This project is all about helping those who really need love. You might want to consider putting short notes of love, encouragement and hope with the packages. Those who are donating can add this to their items, or a quick note can be written at the drop site.

As the drop site for your area you can go as little or big as you want. The least I ask is to have one location to drop the items and to then to deliver the items to your charity of choice. I have a few contacts in the IDAHO FALLS/REXBURG, STAR VALLEY, LOGAN, and OGDEN/LAYTON areas for those who want to help in those places. I will take care of the SALT LAKE area. However, I am looking for people who are interested in those areas and who will volunteer to be the leader. That way I won’t have to call in favors to those areas just yet.

We have a few people outside of those areas that read this blog. If you can set up something in your area I will see what else I can do to help you and to help get the word around.

4. Everyone likes to hear the stories and see pictures of how they have helped. If you can share ideas on how things went that would be appreciated!

Thank you for everyone who is willing to help those in need. A little bit of time, work and money can go a long way.

5. Reminder on Suggested Donation Items based on 211 In-Kind List:
Arts & Crafts
Baby Supplies
Books/Magazine/CDs/Videos
Clothing
Hygiene Items
Quilts
Toys/Games/Sports Equipment

1 comment: