Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine’s/Single Awareness Day Mixed Tape

I Want Candy – Bow Wow Wow

Who doesn’t want candy, ok I don’t really like candy, but I do want chocolate!

Escape (The Pina Colada Song) – Rupert Holmes

I tend to think of this song when I think of dating. I love pictures of people getting caught in the rain, especially The Singing Butler by Jack Vettriano. In fact I pretty much fall in love with any photo or art piece that has rain. http://kafenedaki.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/lyall2650.jpg  http://www.jackvettriano.com/  

Pink (The South Beach Mix) – Aerosmith

Maybe this is why I like walks along the beach, well that and The Singing Butler mentioned above. At least I think I would like walks along the beach if I actually lived by the beach. Until that day, walks in the park are still the makings for a good time.

Pink is one of my favorite colors and this song is just has the classic makings for one of the best songs of all time. “It is the color of passion”.

The Lady in Red – Chris de Burgh

I love red too. Besides, I had a dream in high school that I was the lady in red. It was prom and I had a red dress and he had a red car…everything red! This is the other color of passion.

Bed of Roses – Bon Jovi

Really, who doesn’t want to be laid on a bed or roses?

Check Yes or No – George Strait

I had to complete my list of Valentine’s Day likes: pink, red, chocolate and flowers, and love notes. I must be a bit younger than good old George. In my day we also included maybe, especially for the non-committal type.

Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It) – Beyonce

This song has won a few short of 100 awards in the past year. This really could be the best song of all time. It is even better with the any of the various videos performances featuring Beyonce; check it out if you can.

This is the song all of us want to sing to the guy who could have had us, but blew it. If only they knew that we played the dancer to the right of Beyonce. It is a shame they didn’t realize our potential!

I Will Survive – Aretha Franklin

This is my classic get-over-a-guy song. Two of my old roommates, Megan and Stephanie, made this our theme boy-hater song. I think we listened to this song almost every weekend. We sang at the top of our lungs to relieve our frustrations (Megan was a little boy-crazy). It did usually make us feel a little bit better. Thanks for the memories girls!

1 comment:

  1. Did you get that CD from me for 'I Will Survive'? I still sing it to get me through the day occasionally . . . it's great for all situations (relationship problems or not).

    ReplyDelete